FUN READING ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
In search of some fun ideas for teaching children how to read using our collection of free online Emergent and Transitional Readers eBooks? See our suggestions below!
1. Have children come up with additional words that rhyme with the ones in the eBook. The words can be real or nonsense!
2. Ask children questions before, during and after reading. Here are some examples:· How many words are there in the sentence?
3. Before reading the eBook have children look at the pictures and talk about them. You might even read the eBook first or together, and then have children attempt to read independently.
4. Have children read the eBooks to siblings, friends, or other students at school during reading buddies. Sharing their abilities with others, builds confidence and gives them a sense of pride!
5. Ask children questions before, during and after reading. Here are some examples:
6. Structured Word Inquiry - If you are using this as a teaching method, you can choose a word in an eBook as a base. Vocabulary webs can be drawn on the eBook itself. See Tutorial.
7. Free apps and software such as Page Marker, Web Paint and Microsoft Edge will allow you to write or draw on the eBooks while open in a web browser. Some writing activities include:
Have any other activity ideas you would like to share? We’d love to hear them!
20/10/2021 02:17:14 am
After kindergarten my son could not read at all! His teacher said he would never be able to keep up or catch up in 1st grade, want to hold him back then we found this reading program: https://abundantify.com/rhs When he started 1st grade, he is reading and the teacher is absolutely amazed and raves about his progress!
21/11/2022 05:43:29 am
It's great that you explained that having children look at the images and talk about them can help them have fun reading. My sister wants her son to read at an early age. She's even looking for early reader chapter book series for boys to give to her child.
19/3/2023 10:00:21 pm
Nice take on this one!
19/3/2023 10:04:38 pm
Thank you for sharing these fun reading activities for kids! As a parent, I am always looking for ways to make reading enjoyable for my child, and your suggestions seem both engaging and educational. These activities not only encourage reading but also foster a love for books and social interaction. I can't wait to try these out with my little one!
22/3/2023 07:16:06 pm
Nice and helpful tips that parents can follow for their kids learning needs.
Leave a Reply.
The Education Blog
About Christina Shala
Have a Question?